Fall 2023 (Updated 8/5/2023)
Position: Part time – Desk/Computer Lab Attendant
This position is currently open for applicants. The pay is $10 per hour for 20 to 24 hours per week. Shifts range from daylight, evening and at least 2 to 3 Saturdays per month. There may be opportunities for additional hours as needed.
- Assist patrons with library resources and how to use them.
- Be able to multi-task with the demands of servicing the public.
- Answer phone calls in addition to assisting patrons with their requests.
- Be comfortable with office equipment, including phones, copy machines, fax machines, and computers.
- Check items in and out, place holds for patrons, and maintain organization of holds.
- Maintain an organized work environment that is shared by co-workers.
- Assist patrons on computers to research items or assist them with multiple tasks on the computers.
- Shelve books and shelf read collections as needed.
- Assist with donations and the maintenance and organization of the book sale.
- Work effectively and interact with co-workers and patrons.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend and lift up to 30 pounds.
- May be asked to move wheeled book trucks and lift materials short distances, and any other tasks as needed.
Applicant must bring an enthusiastic attitude to working with a wide range of patrons to assist them with requests. Exemplary customer service skills are strongly recommended. Previous volunteer or work experience with the public or in a library are preferred.
Minimum of a High School Diploma is required. The position will remain open until filled.
Applications are available at the front desk of the library or online at dormontlibrary.org/employment
Applications are available at the front desk of the library or from the link above. Call 412-531-8754, mail or drop off a paper application and resume, or email a completed PDF application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PA Criminal Record Check, Federal Criminal Background Check, and PA Child Abuse History Clearance are required to accept employment.
Equal Opportunity Policy
Dormont Public Library provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Dormont Public Library complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Dormont Public Library expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.