Open for Limited In-Person Services; Masks Required
Dormont Library is offering limited in-person service to patrons.
Our current hours of operation are:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday: 9 AM-5 PM
Tuesday: 11 AM-7 PM
Friday: 9 AM-2 PM
However, there are several important guidelines that we will ask all patrons to abide by in the interests of public health.
- Curbside pickup, remote printing service, and 24/7 parking lot Wi-Fi will continue to be offered as long as there is a demand for these services. We encourage patrons to use these services when possible.
- If you are sick, if a member of your immediate household is sick, or if you suspect you may have been exposed to COVID-19 within the past 30 days, we request that you do not come to the library.
- All patrons must wear a face mask that fits snugly over the nose, mouth, and chin. The mask must remain on and worn correctly during the entire duration of your visit to the library. Patrons who are unable to comply with this requirement may still utilize our remote services such as curbside pickup, remote printing, and parking lot Wi-Fi. This face mask requirement applies to all patrons, whether they have received a COVID-19 vaccination or not. Masks will continue to be required until further notice as a public health measure and to protect unvaccinated children.
- Social distancing guidelines will be in effect. Please maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and all other patrons and staff whenever possible.
- In-person programming on library premises is suspended through the end of 2021. The Keith Room will be unavailable for rental.
- Entry to portions of the building will be restricted. Patrons may not enter staff-only areas unless specifically requested to do so by staff.
- No outside food or beverages may be consumed in the library.
- Seating will be removed from some areas of the library.
- No toys or games will be available in the children’s section.
Browsing the Collection and Check-Outs
- We ask that patrons conduct their business in a prompt fashion and do not linger in the building.
Public PCs and Technology
- Up to six computers in the second floor computer lab will be available for walk-in use. Patrons will receive 60 minutes per day to use the computer, and no additional sessions, guest passes, or time extensions will be given to the same person. If you believe you will need more time to complete a task, please discuss your needs with staff before you begin your computer session. We ask that patrons do not linger in the computer lab once their session is complete.
- Over-the-shoulder computer assistance is not available. With patron permission, staff may access public computers remotely to assist. Hands-on assistance with patron-owned devices is not available.
- Computer classes are suspended until further notice.
- The copier will not operate in self-service mode. Please ask a staff member if you need to make photocopies.