This September, Dormont Public Library and libraries across Allegheny County are inviting our neighbors to show their love!
Now in its seventh year, “Love Your Library,” a county-wide initiative developed by the Allegheny County Library Association and Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, provides a way for residents to “show their love” to their local library.
During the month of September, all donations made to more than 46 area library systems will go even further. Your donation will have a pro-rated match thanks to generous support from the Jack Buncher Foundation.
Our Dormont neighbors should expect to see letters soon with donation envelopes graciously provided by the Jack Buncher Foundation. You can also set up a one-time or recurring donation online. (However, only donations received during the month of September can be matched.)
Love Your Library tote bags are available for $5 at the front desk throughout September.
Purchases of the Enjoy Coupon Book ($30, with $10 going to Dormont Public Library) which are pre-paid during September will also qualify for matching funds! (You can still reserve an Enjoy Book without pre-payment if it’s more convenient for you.)
We understand that ongoing economic turmoil is taking its toll on all our neighbors. If you’re unable to donate during September, there are still other ways you can help:
- Set up your own fundraising event, like a bake sale, and donate the proceeds to Dormont Public Library.
- Tell your friends, family, and coworkers about Love Your Library. Use #ACLALibraryLove and tag @dormontlib too!
- Send us your story about how the library has helped you stay connected.
- Or take a photo of yourself with your favorite book and send it in!
- We have a limited number of free Love Your Library lawn signs available. Get in touch with us at 412-531-8754 or ask at the front desk if you’d like to display one.
- Most importantly of all: just use the library. Borrow books and ebooks, CDs and Blu-Rays; every item checked out makes a difference.
For more information about Love Your Library, contact Dormont Public Library at 412-531-8754, ask at the front desk, or email email@example.com. You can also visit ACLA’s web site at loveyourlibrary.org.